Mainstage COVID-19 Safety Policies & Procedures
Peacock Players has taken great care to ensure the safety of our patrons, performers, and staff. As the situation changes and evolves, our policies and procedures will be reviewed and updated regularly in accordance with the guidance from the NH Governor’s office, the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the NH Department of Education, and considering current levels of local community transmission. All Peacock Players staff members are fully vaccinated. We strongly encourage all eligible persons be vaccinated against the spread of COVID-19 and its variants.
PROCEDURES FOR IN-PERSON MAINSTAGE PERFORMANCES
A combination of health screening/monitoring, mandatory mask usage, and social/physical distancing will be implemented:
Health Screening & Monitoring
- All patrons, performers, and staff members will have their temperature taken prior to entering the facility. If any person has a confirmed temperature higher than 100.4 degree F (CDC guideline), they will not be allowed to enter the building.
- All patrons, performers, or staff members who may have been exposed to a confirmed positive test case in the past 10 days, feel ill, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (see list below) will not be allowed to enter the facility.
Mandatory Mask Use
- All patrons, performers, and staff are required to wear masks at all times within the building (regardless of vaccination status).
- Masks are required to go over both the wearer’s nose and mouth and fit snuggly to the face.
- All patrons, performers, and staff are expected to bring their own appropriate masks, however, Peacock Players will provide masks if needed.
- Bandanas, gaiters, and valved-masks are not permitted.
- Following updated CDC and NH Department of Health & Human Services recommendations, all audience seating is limited to 50% capacity and socially-distanced three to six feet apart between reserved parties. All onstage blocking and choreography will remain socially distanced when possible.
- Audience seating must remained fixed in the established spacing.
- No concessions or merchandise will be sold except for bottled water.
- Patrons will be encouraged to remain in their seats for the duration of the performance, unless they need to use the restrooms.
- Following each performance, patrons are encouraged to proceed directly to the exit. There will be no cast “meet and greet” in the lobby area following performances.
- To limit overcrowding in the theater lobby, patrons will not be permitted to enter the building until 30 minutes prior to each performance.
Symptoms of COVID-19
If patrons, performers, or staff members exhibit any of the following symptoms they must refrain from entering the building:
- Fever (temperature above 100.4 degrees F)
- Respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, nasal congestion, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Head or muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
Facility Safety Precautions
- Peacock Players will create and display safety signage throughout the building for all patrons, performers, and staff members.
- Peacock Players has installed CDC recommended HEPA filtered air purifiers in some of the common and lobby areas.
- Peacock Players will create a digital playbill program for patrons.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be made available throughout the building.
- Peacock Players may provide special uniform masks for some onstage performers.
- The theater and all common areas will be cleaned and disinfected before and after performances.
- All restrooms will be monitored, cleaned, and disinfected regularly.
Please note that failure to comply with the above policies and procedures will result in your being asked to leave the building. All ticket sales are final. No refunds will be permitted. Tickets may be exchanged for health and safety reasons only with a $2 per ticket surcharge.
The safety of our students, staff, and community is our overriding priority. Thank you for your careful and complete participation in these safety policies and procedures. These are important to help us take precautionary measures to protect you and our community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the Peacock Players COVID-19 Committee:
Last date modified: September 28, 2021
Board approved: September 28, 2021
Home page of the Official New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services COVID-19 website.