COVID-19 Safety Policies & Procedures
The purpose of this document is to inform staff and families about Peacock Players’ COVID-19 Safety Policies and Procedures as they relate to Peacock Players programming, both at the Court Street offices and facilities and at any venue where Peacock Players activities and performances are occurring. As the situation changes and evolves, Policies and Procedures will be reviewed and updated regularly following the guidance from the NH Governor’s office, the CDC, the American Academy of Pediatrics, the NH Department of Education, and considering current levels of local community transmission.
This document will include information about how you will receive, or locate, information to continue to stay aware of current policies and procedures. Staff, student, and family understanding and support of these policies is critical to providing a safe environment for education, rehearsals and performances.
Procedures for In-Person Programming & Performances
A combination of health screening/monitoring, face covering/masks, and social/physical distancing will be implemented:
Health Screening & Monitoring
- Each student, parent/guardian, and staff member will have their temperature taken prior to entering the facility or participating in an off-site activity. If a student or staff member has a confirmed temperature higher than 100.4F (CDC guideline), they will not be allowed to enter the building or participate in in-person programming.
- Any student, parent/guardian, or staff member who feels ill or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (see list below) will not be allowed to enter the facility or participate in in-person activities.
- Any student, parent/guardian, or staff member who develops signs of illness during an in-person activity will be immediately removed from the activity and placed in isolation until they can go home. The person’s condition will be monitored in case there are symptoms related to COVID-19.
- If a person has been exposed to someone with a COVID-19 positive test, they must quarantine for 10 days and cannot participate in in-person activities until they complete quarantine period; they should continue to monitor for COVID-19 symptoms until 14 days after exposure. (see information sheet re: quarantine for more details)
- Quarantine exceptions: if a person is at least two weeks past full vaccination OR has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 90 days, no quarantine is needed.
- If a person tests positive for COVID-19, or shows symptoms, they must notify Peacock Players as soon as possible and isolate at home. (see information sheet re: isolation for more details) That person cannot participate in in-person activities until out of isolation AND must have no fever for at least 24 hours, without medication.
- Peacock Players will communicate with staff, students, parents/guardians, who may have been exposed to someone with suspected, or confirmed, COVID-19. NOTE: Peacock Players is legally obligated to keep the anonymity of individuals who test positive for COVID-19.
- Please know that the confirmation of a positive test result within a group may result in suspension of in-person activities.
In order to provide the safest environment all students, parents/guardians, staff, and visitors must wear face coverings at all times when participating in in-person activities.
- This includes wearing your mask both indoors and outdoors while rehearsing and performing.
- Masks and face coverings are required to go over both the wearer’s nose and mouth and fit snuggly to the face.
- Students, parents/guardians, and staff must leave masks on throughout all in-person activities; there will be opportunities for students to have mask-breaks.
- Students and staff may briefly remove masks only in case of using their face/mouth as a teaching tool.
- Parent’s/Guardian’s help is needed to ensure all students arrive with the necessary face coverings.
- If students, parents/guardians, or staff do not have a mask, Peacock Players will provide them with one.
- Bandanas, gaiters, and valved-masks are not permitted.
- Following the NH Department of Health & Human Services recommendations, all students and staff are to remain spaced at least six feet apart when possible, even when masked. There may be times during rehearsal and performance when for brief periods students and/or staff may be three feet apart.
- In an effort to minimize the total number of people present at in-person activities, parents/guardians/visitors are asked not to enter facilities being used for programming and educational activities without notifying staff.
- Sharing of food, drinks, clothing, and rehearsal materials is not permitted; each student should bring water bottle labelled with their name.
- Restrooms may be limited to a single user depending on configuration.
Symptoms of COVID-19
If Students or Staff members exhibit any of the following symptoms they must refrain from entering the building or participating in in-person activities:
- Fever (temperature above 100.4 degrees F)
- Respiratory symptoms such as runny nose, nasal congestion, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Head or muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Nausea, diarrhea, or vomiting
Facility Safety Precautions
- Peacock Players has CDC recommended air purifiers for use in some rehearsal studios.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available.
- Peacock Players may provide uniform masks some performances.
- Shared microphones and audio equipment will be sanitized between users.
- All rehearsal rooms and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned before and after each use.
- All restrooms will be monitored and cleaned regularly.
Please note that failure to comply with the above policies and procedures may result in dismissal from Peacock Players’ programming.
The safety of our students, staff, and community is our overriding priority. Thank you for your careful and complete participation in these safety policies and procedures. These are important to help us take precautionary measures to protect you and our community.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact a member of the Peacock Players COVID-19 Committee:
email@example.com (Keith Weirich, Artistic Director)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Fred Daniels, COVID-19 Committee)
email@example.com (Sasha Kuftinec, M.D. COVID-19 Committee)
Last date modified: March 28, 2021
Board approved: March 28, 2021